Bali Calendar of Festivals and Events 2012
- 01 January 2012 Sunday New Year 2012
- 23 January 2012 Monday Imlek 2563 – Chinese New Year
- 01 February 2012 Wednesday Galungan (Bali Holiday)
- 11 February 2012 Saturday Hari Raya Kuningan
- 05 February 2012 Sunday Birthday of the Prophet Mohammad SAW
- 23 March 2012 Friday Hari Nyepi Cakra 1934 (Bali Day of Silence)
- 06 April 2012 Friday Good Friday
- 06 May 2012 Sunday Hari Raya Waisak 2556
- 17 May 2012 Thursday Ascension Day of Jesus Christ into Heaven
- 18 May 2012 Friday Shared Holiday by Government Decree
- 17 June 2012 Sunday Isra Mi’raj Prophet Mohammad SAW, Celebrating the Ascension of The Prophet Muhammad
- 17 August 2012 Friday Indonesian Independence Day
- 19-20 August 2012 Sunday-Monday Hari Raya Idul Fitri 1433H
- 21-22 August 2012 Tuesday-Wednesday Shared Holiday by Government Decree
- 29 August 2012 Wednesday Galungan (Bali holiday)
- 08 September 2012 Saturday Hari Raya Kuningan
- 26 October 2012 Friday Idul Adha 1433H
- 15 November 2012 Thursday Islamic New Year 1434H
- 16 November 2012 Friday Shared Holiday by Government Decree
- 24 December 2012 Monday Shared Holiday by Government Decree
- 25 December 2012 Tuesday Christmas Day
- January 22-23, 2012 – Hari Siwa Ratri – two days set aside for reflection, the personal absolution of sins and rededication to the Almighty.
- January 31, 2012 – Penampahan Galungan I – the day before the official days of Galungan on which the Balinese “slay” their six personal daemons (Sad Ripu) of lust, greed, anger, drunkenness, confusion and confrontation.
- February 1 – 2, 2012 – Hari Raya Galungan and Umanis Galungan – the days to celebrate the victory of Goodness over evil.
- February 10- 12, 2012 – Hari Kuningan I, Hari Raya Kuningan I and Umanis Kuningan I – three days marking the end of the 10-day Galungan-Kuningan cycle.
- March 22, 2012 – Hari Tawur Agung Kesanga – A day of purification ceremonies marked by a night of festive merry-making and ogoh-ogoh parades.
- March 23, 2012 – Hari Suci Nyepi Tahun Baru Saka 1934 – The day of absolute silence in Bali to celebrate the Balinese New Year. Bali becomes a ghost town with airport, ports, business and traffic coming to an absolute standstill.
- March 24 – Ngembak Geni – the day of Nyepi used for friends and family to gather to ask and give forgiveness to one another. Also used as a day of traditional religious ceremonies.
- June 16, 2012 – Hari Raya Saraswati – the Balinese Day in honor of learning and education.
- June 20, 2012 – Hari Raya Pagerwesti – a day of meditation and prayer in which Balinese build internal “walls” or defenses against the distractions and problems of daily life.
- August 28, 2012 – Penampahan Galungan I
- August 29 -30, 2012 – Hari Raya Galungan II and Umanis Galungan II
- September 16-18, 2012 – Hari Kuningan II, Hari Raya Kuningan II and Umanis Kuningan II
Here’s the national public holidays according to a joint decree from the Minister of Religion, Minister of Manpower and Transmigration and the Minister for Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform. Also included are the dates for Galungan and Kuningan in 2012 celebrated in Bali.